Okay… I am ridiculously impressed with this box. I opened it up expecting, like, one or two really awesome things, but I got like fifteen hundred really awesome things and even my mom came in and was like, what? I want presents.
OwlCrate is a monthly young adult subscription box that you should most definitely sign up for. And if you like this box, they have the option of buying past boxes. So there ya go. Also, if you’re going to sign up, use WELCOME15 to get 15% off your first order. Or head on over to this Instagram and use the rep code in her bio: jenniferwindram
The really great thing about being a member of so many different book crates is that I get books in these crates I wouldn’t normally buy for myself. This one, for instance, Three Dark Crowns. I would NEVER in a million years pick this off the shelf at Barnes & Noble, and if I did, it’s unlikely I would ever leave with it. As an adult literary fiction reader and writer, I’m very stuck in my own tastes. So I love broadening my horizons a bit. I’m gonna read this one during October because I think that’s the month of fantasy and darker themes. Save the adult literary fiction for spring time… though I don’t know how I’ll part with it.
Seriously, I keep glancing up at that photo and being like wow, fucking great ass box, dudes, I definitely recommend.
So in this month’s OwlCrate, I got SEVERAL things, as I said before (still reeling).
- A bomb candle (it smells like cate batter. I’m gonna be lame and say I don’t know who the F Celaena is, but she must be a creature of a book. I’ll look it up in a sec)
Well, wouldn’t you know, Celaena has her own Wiki page, apparently she’s a Throne of Glass character I wouldn’t know, and also, she looks how I wish I looked: thin (lol).
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children pencil bag (or at least that’s what I think it is… I could store pretty much anything in it, but when I saw it I immediately thought tampons. So that’s where my brain’s at today)
- A DIY fortune teller thingamajig and bookmark (I’m kind of ashamed I didn’t need to read the directions in order to make it. I just fuckin remember a good year I spent in middle school doing this and only this and predicting deaths for all my friends)
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake, her signature (YESSSSS), a note from her explaining the conception of the book (she’s actually really funny. Kudos Kendare. Kudos)
In every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born: three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.
But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins.
The last queen standing gets the crown.
- A little introduction to a new book, in which we special Owlcraters get a sneak preview, a button, and next month’s theme: Once Upon a Dream (So fricken excited guys, love darkness but give me a unicorn please and thanks)
- A FRICKEN BATH BOMB I ALMOST CRIED WHEN I SAW (LIKE I LOVE BATH BOMBS AND BATH PRODUCTS AND BATHS)
It’s so beautiful.
- ReMade – Season 1 Episode 1
Okay so this is kinda cool right? It’s like a Netflix show but in book form, so I’m already obsessed and kind of excited to like follow along as they send out new episodes every month. Wait, actually, I’m gonna look it up and make sure I’m describing it correctly, BRB.
Oh okay, so it’s every Wednesday, that makes more sense. There are fifteen episodes apparently. It also says you can only get it on eBook, which I’m gonna complain about… K why. Why can’t we get these cute little magazine things made every week sent out, I will pay for shipping, it looks like fun, I hate reading electronically, you’ve lost me as a fan, but if I read this little snippet and end up obsessing over the rest, then fine, I’ll think about it.
You live. You love. you die. Now RUN.
Every minute, 108 people die.
On October 14th, 2016, from 9:31-9:32 p.m. EDT, 23 of those deaths will be teenagers. now they are humanity’s last hope for survival.
Awakened in a post-apocalyptic world and hunted by mechanical horrors, these teens search for answers amidst the ruins of civilization. Fate, love, and loyalty face off in this adrenaline-pumping YA adventure.
Well, shit, sign me up.
A++++++++ to my first OwlCrate ever.